The older I get, the more I wish I had some of what I know today to take into my past and tweak a few things. I am 100% kidding about wanting to relive any of my past, but with each day, the eye opening knowledge of getting older feels like getting a new key to the universe! As soon as I think I know something to be true another piece of the puzzle is revealed to change my thinking just enough for the next part of my journey. The first part of my forties has brought me such personal freedom that I no longer fear getting older. I look forward to each year and the clarity that it will bring to my ever searching soul.
Here are 10 things that I believe to be true for me today!
- My four children are a gift and a responsibility that will continue to teach me things and bring me more joy than I could have ever imagined.
- I am a fan of mourning doves, adventures, seashells, hummingbirds, sunsets, flannel sheets, hammocks, & true friends.
- There is always Hope because the only thing you can count on is Change.
- I plan, God laughs! or as written in the bible, “In his heart a man plans his course, but the lord determines his steps.” -Proverbs 16:9
- You should never give “your power” to another human being.
- Being in love takes work.
- Saying “no” more often, makes me a better/happier person.
- The Universe is full of opportunities if you are willing to show up with a positive attitude and put forth consistent effort towards your dreams.
- The people who are in my life today are meant to be there and the ones that aren’t, aren’t.
- I don’t have to figure it all out.