There was a boy in my 7th grade class that I had been crushing on since the fourth grade. He was finally showing interest with little notes in my backpack, long phone calls that his mom would interrupt and the coveted invite to skate during couples skate at the Charles Schultz Skate rink. All was great until the day he told me he hated clogs. Who hates clogs? I mean, I understand if you don’t care to wear them yourself but come on! I loved my clogs of yesteryears for these five reasons.
- They were easy to slip on in a hurry.
- They were indestructible.
- I loved the sound they made with every step.
- I wasn’t allowed to wear heals and I felt like I was getting away with something every time I put them on.
- They taught me not to care what others think. If you like something, that is all that matters!
Well, yesterday I found a pair of clogs worthy of my current age and station in life. Can you believe I found them for 60% off? And my Valentine, aka my soul mate, loves them! Thank you, Victoria Hitchcock of Moda Mari and Robert of Gimme Shoes! Isn’t it funny how life works out?