Note: Placing hot items in a fringe will raise the temperature of all the items in the same area of the fridge.
- Remaining juices, bones, and skin from the Whole Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 Cups of water for every pound of the original chicken
- Add water to what is left in the crock pot after cooking the Whole Chicken
- Set crock pot on low and let cook through the night
- Pour the broth through a strainer, into freezable containers.
- Let the broth cool to almost room temperature before putting the lids on.
- Place in the fridge to fully cool and allow the fat to rise to the top.
- Scrape fat off and put aside for Chicken Fat Cubes recipe.
- Reheat broth and strain with a fine strainer.
- Pour broth into single portion containers.
- Cool and Refrigerate or Freeze.
- Store in refrigerator for 4-6 days or freezer for 6 months.